The summer Sun is out and about and there is no way to escape the scorching heat waves. The constant need to hydrate oneself is real and it is important to carry a handy bottle of water whenever you venture out from midday to five in the evening. Though there’s already a lot on the internet to help you keep yourself and your skin hydrated, some opinions, tips and ideas are so contradicting, it becomes difficult to note the dos and don’ts. Though nothing quenches your thirst better than a tall glass of water, it is important you do not limit your liquid intake to water only. Moreover, wear breathable cotton clothes, hydrate your skin with some fruity face packs and do not ignore even the slightest symptoms of dehydration.
For the ones who do not know how to go about it, here are a few tips to guide you through it all-
1) Have fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, oranges, tangerine, grapefruit, pineapple, berries, mangoes (soaked overnight), tomatoes, lemons and amla for their high water content.
2) Have coconut water or buttermilk with mint leaves and cumin seeds powder daily. They works wonders for you.
3) This detox recipe is the perfect summertime drink for when you feel dizzy, parched or a little under the weather.
Add green tea and ginger in hot water let it infuse until water is at room temperature. Then add sliced tangerine or sliced cucumber (only who can tolerate it in water)+ add basil seeds (presoaked). Have it once or twice in a day but within 10-15 mins of preparation. Avoid refrigeration.
4) Wear cotton clothes as much as possible; carry a scarf and good pair of shades whenever you get out of the house. Carry face tissues along, a nice face spray does the job too.
5) If you are used to carrying nuts or dry fruits to satiate your hunger, avoid them and have a whole fruit instead. Nuts generate a lot of heat in the body so if needed have only soaked .
6) Homemade face pack
Take juice of any of these fruits- tangerine/ orange/kiwi/ cucumber/ lemon / tomato. Mix it with curd + a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply for 20 mins and wash it off with tepid water. Later, gently rub ice cube followed by a light moisturiser.
7) Food tip- Downsize your meals especially at night as it takes longer for the stomach to digest food due to the hot weather. So stick to lighter meals rather than heavy ones.
8) Hair mask- combine coconut milk with few drops lavender oil. Apply for at least an hour then wash it off with a mild shampoo. This takes care of the dull limp and frizzy hair and makes it less brittle.
9) A sunscreen is a must-have in your handbag in summers.
Check the SPF that suits your skin. Apply the sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you step out so that it gets the time to soak into your skin and protect your skin from the tan.
Make your summertime sadness your summertime gladness. Got any queries? Write them in the comments section below.